Soooooo no one corrected my sleepy self yesterday when I thought it was Talkative Tuesday time, so we get a bonus post for the week! My apologies- things have been very hectic for me lately, as I mentioned yesterday I have accepted a new job and this is my last week at my current job, so I’ve been a little off. Today since it came out, I’ll just do a quick S.Y.K. That’s why today’s post is also a bit late today.
It’s that time again for So You Know (SYK) over on Revenge of Eve. I also wanted to give quick shout-out’s fora couple of my favorites- Mental Health @ Home’s and Megan (Be Alright)’s SYK’s as well! Check them out 🙂
This week’s questions are:
- Do you see a therapist? If so, how does doing so influence your life?
- What is your favorite part of adulthood? Your least favorite (besides bills)?
- Are the government officials of your country trustworthy?
- How important, scale of 1-10, are leprechauns in the evolution of humans? 1-of least importance 10-required
- I did see a therapist for the better part of 5 years (I think?). After I lost my grandpa back in 2012, I realized that I was not dealing with the grief at all and it was beginning to consume me. At the time I’d never received proper treatment (or a proper diagnosis) for the anxiety & depression, so that was just a fringe benefit to getting help for managing my grief. She helped me in a lot of ways, though oddly most of it came after I stopped seeing her, but she did set me up for a lot of success on my own.
- My favorite and least favorite thing about being an adult is sort of a double-edge sword. The answer for both, in a way, is independence. While I absolutely love being able to do whatever I want and whenever, if I want to pretend I don’t exist for a day and sit on the couch in my jammies watching TV, I can. If I want to go out at 2AM (though I never do), I can. Mostly I just work and then go home and immediately change in to PJs and watch TV until I’m ready to go to bed. But on the other side of that, I don’t like cooking for one or grocery shopping (or most shopping, thanks anxiety). I used to cook a lot when I lived at home, as we at times had 6 people at the dinner table. But cooking for 1, either I’m eating the same lunch & dinner all week, or I’m cooking small bits at a time… either way, not as fun. Plus, I do really miss having a parent (or parents, I should say) doing the grocery shopping for the house. My favorite grocery store is kind of a big nightmare in terms of size and popularity.
- Are they trustworthy? Um… I don’t think so, but then again I unfortunately am a little way too outcasted from “current events” as I don’t watch the news or any live TV. My dad used to be my news source and quiz/inform me on all the goings-on in the world, but now that we no longer have our 6AM Tuesday breakfast, I’m very far gone in terms of current events. I know the Oompa-Loompa in office is not one I’d ever trust as far as I could throw (and my arms are weak AF), but sometimes when I see some of the decision that men are making around the country for women’s reproductive rights, I find it extremely unsettling as last I checked, they don’t have a uterus and cannot carry a baby themselves, so why are they so worried about us… but that’s just me. I don’t really like to talk politics, as I feel like people get angry very quickly and there are way too many hot-button issues that set people off.
- I’m just going to skip this one as I don’t believe in leprechauns. So there’s that.
I hope you all enjoyed my double-posting Monday/Tuesday, I should be back to normal… eventually, ha ha. I am going to do my best to get as many pre-scheduled posts as I can while I’m in the transition from the old job to the new and getting settled, but if I’m a bit irregular or make another accidental Talkative Tuesday on Monday, I hope you understand why and the chaos that I’m feeling lately. If you do your own SYK, feel free to leave your link or answers below! I love reading people’s responses to these!
Want to interact with me? Here’s where you can find me: